GUIDELINES FOR THE PARENTS OR GUARDIANS OF BASIC EDUCATION LEARNERS ON FLEXIBLE LEARNING
A. What is the role of parents or guardians in the learning of their children or wards?
- Monitoring their attendance in scheduled classes
- Ensuring that their assignments are done on time
- Assisting them in following the daily class routine
- Providing a conducive learning environment at home
- Following their progress and performance in class
- Motivating them to learn with comprehension and focus
- Guiding them to be independent learners in acquiring knowledge, attitude and skills
- Consulting the teachers on their children’s or wards’ academic performance and progress
B. What do we need in the online mode of learning delivery?
- Desktop or laptop with built-in camera and microphone
- Internet connection
- Headset or earphone with a microphone, if possible with noise cancelling feature to avoid distraction by ambient noise.
C. In the digital platform or Learning Management System (LMS) used, is a there a location where we can view notifications and give feedback?
Yes, the platform or system will provide for you the location (button) where you can view class schedules, teacher consultation schedule, guidance counselor schedule, notifications and updates on requirements as well as the location (button) where you can leave your feedback concerning school matters.
D. Will there be an orientation for parents on the flexible learning modality before the start of classes in August 2020?
Yes, a schedule will be set for this purpose. It will be announced in social media and other contact means.